All You Need to Know About Book Camp 2006
- Hours: August 21 to 25, 9:00 a.m. till 3:30 p.m. Children should be dropped off and picked up on time. Extended care hours- potentially arranged for a fee
- Lunch: Bring a bagged lunch and it will be kept refrigerated. Please make us aware of any food allergies or special diet concerns Who's Going? 56 boys and girls between 10 and 12 years of age
- What To Bring? Pencils, a note book and a wide open imagination.
- What To Wear? Dress comfortably. The building is air conditioned.
- What to Expect? Each day the children will enjoy creative sessions with two or more award-winning authors or professionals. Activities will range from brainstorming ideas, writing, making crafts to illustrating the potential cover for their first bestseller. They will be divided into 4 groups and each group will have two counselors. They will be supervised at all times, including the lunch break from 12 to 1 p.m. The public (parents and guests) is welcome to attend August 25 at noon for Barbara Haworth Attard's keynote presentation following the children's presentations of their own original work. Camp finishes early this day!
- How Campers Are Selected: A completed application must be submitted in hard copy to Sharon Brooks by June 30, 2006, along with a two page hand written submission, (work of the child) on “Why I want to go to Book Camp”. These will be reviewed and the campers chosen by July 15, 2006. Please note that Kids Can Fly is an initiative based in Brant and children from Brant County or the city of Brantford will be given first consideration for Book Camp. Children who are 13 years of age may be considered but 9 years old will have to wait till 2007
- Information: email Sharon Brooks