An Advisory in Regard to Email Attachments and Web Browsing
As we prepare for a new school year the Laurier ICT department would like to alert the Laurier community to the following issues.
1. The Internet is in many ways a wild frontier. Be skeptical of every email that you receive and every web page that you browse.
2. The Laurier ICT department or Helpdesk will never initiate an email asking for logins, passwords or other personal information.
3. Your bank will never send you an email asking for logins, passwords or other personal information.
4. Never open an email attachment unless you are certain of the veracity of its contents. If in doubt, phone the sender or the ICT Helpdesk.
5. Never browse to a URL embedded in an email unless you are certain of its veracity. If in doubt, phone the sender or the ICT Helpdesk.
If you have any questions in regard to these issues then please free to contact me.Grant Li
Desktop Security Analyst
Information and Communication Technologies
Office: 519-884-0710 ext.2797