Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Leaf
August 29, 2016
Canadian Excellence


(Academic Year 2016-2017)

Registration Status

Defines your status as a student (e.g. full-time, part-time, on leave) and impacts your tuition and degree time limits.  Click the following links to find out about how Laurier defines:

  • a Full-time Master's or Doctoral Degree Candidates >>>
  • a Part-time Master's or Doctoral Degree Candidates >>>
  • Inactive >>>

Changing your Registration Status
You must submit a petition to the Graduate Student Appeals Committee to change your registration status >>>

Withdrawing from Laurier

A student who wishes to withdraw from the university must report to the dean or director of the program in which the student is enrolled in order to complete the Withdrawal from Graduate Studies Form >>>

Course Registration
Graduate students may enrol for courses for the fall 2016, winter 2017 and spring 2017 academic terms using Laurier's Web Information System (LORIS) >>>

Notes about course registration:

Students who had no registrarial activity in the academic terms fall 2015, winter 2016 or spring 2016 must indicate their intention to return by contacting the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office.

Graduate students needing to register in comprehensive courses, Major Research Paper (MRP) courses or thesis courses will require departmental approval. If you attempt to register in these courses prior to receiving department approval, you will receive an error message. You must consult your program's Graduate Co-ordinator for approval to register.

Registering for Courses at another Ontario University
For students in non-joint programs, you must complete a Ontario Visiting Graduate Student form >>>

For students in joint programs registering for courses at a partner institution >>>

Late Registration Fees

For the late registration fee schedule >>>

Tips for Preparing for Course Registration

Some helpful advice to make your course registration fast and easy >>>