Laurier Arts Alumni Survey - 2013
In June 2013, the Faculty of Arts conducted its first Alumni Survey. Over 1,100 alumni took the time to respond, and provided a great deal of information about their experience both during and after their time at Laurier.
Some key observations from this year's survey:
- Arts graduates are change-makers in a wide variety of occupations, across public, private and not-for-profit sectors
- More than 78% of respondents were either generally or entirely satisfied with their Arts degree
- A Laurier Arts degree prepares individuals to be open-minded, well rounded, life-long learners who write and think effectively, and adapt readily to new situations.
How some of our alumni answered the question, "What would you say to a high school grad entering Laurier?"
- Emily Evans, Honours Communication Studies, 2012
"Though what you learn in the classroom is important, it's the process of learning how to learn that's more important in terms of post-university life and employment."
- Jason Shim, Honours Religion and Culture, 2007
Digital Media Manager
- Cynthia Sundberg, Honours Sociology and Psychology, 1994
Vice-President, Operations and Administration