Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Provost & Vice-President: Academic
October 25, 2016
Canadian Excellence

Social Insurance Number

One of the first things you should do as a permanent resident is to apply for a Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.) It is a nine-digit number used in administration of various Canadian government programs. You will need a S.I.N. to work in Canada or to receive government benefits. For general information please visit:

How to Apply

The Government of Canada web site provides instructions on how to apply for your S.I.N.