2017 Headstart Ambassador/Senior Ambassador
- Completed application packages must be received by 4pm on Friday April 7, 2017.
- Mid-April to early May between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Training sessions will occur in early to mid-May. Student will be paid for 2-4 training days.
- Undergraduate student. Graduate students may not apply.
- An overall GPA of 6.0 or above (on a 12.0 scale) is required.
- Must be enrolled as a Laurier student (full-time or part-time), if you have applied to graduate you may not apply to be a Headstart Ambassador.
- Demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- dealing courteously and effectively with people
- exercising good judgement and initiative
- interpreting and presenting and answering inquiries in a clear and concise manner
- public speaking and making effective presentations.
- effective interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Must be responsible, self-confident and empathetic to student and parent/guardian needs.
- Cannot have infractions or violations of academic misconduct or other university codes.
Note: Duties will vary depending on the event and time of the year.
- Provide an overview session about registering for courses on LORIS.
- Provide an overview session about the technical issues related to selecting courses on LORIS.
- Provide individual assistance to students selecting or registering for courses.
- Conduct campus and/or residence tours.
- Welcome participants and guide them to the appropriate venue.
- Assist the academic program advisor with the logistical aspects related to the Headstart program, i.e., posting signs, carrying materials, picking up and delivering materials
- Other duties related to the Headstart program as deemed appropriate.
Senior Ambassador Position
In addition to the above duties, senior ambassadors will facilitate presentations for incoming students on Headstart days.
- Topics of presentations include Student Life, Student Success
- Senior ambassador rate of pay is $17. hour
- Please indicate in your cover letter if you are interested in applying for a senior ambassador position
- The position requires flexibility and is considered casual part-time.
- Headstart is a summer transition program, running for 7 days in June and July
- June 17, 24, 28
- July 4, 5, 7, 8
- Time commitment will vary by the department.
- The rate of pay is set at $13.00 per hour.
If you have questions about this position, please contact ex2220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the Headstart program can be found on the Headstart webpage