About the Centre
What are our goals?
- To attract women into science and mathematical/quantitative fields
- To support and celebrate women’s contributions to science and mathematical social sciences
- To address challenges women still face in higher education and careers in science
Why is this important?
Achieving gender equity will:
- Strengthen science and technology research in Canada
- Potentially double the highly skilled workforce in science and technology in Canada.
- Increase the number of female leaders and role models in academia, government and industry
Who are we?
Membership is open to all at Laurier and partner institutions who are interested in participating in research and/or activities that promotes women in science and mathematical social sciences. Click here for a current list of members.
- Shohini Ghose, Physics & Computer Science
- Hind Al-Abadleh, Chemistry
- Maria Gallego, Economics
- Debbie Chaves, Librarian
- Allison McDonald, Biology
- Cristina Stoica, Mathematics
- Colleen Willard-Holt, Education
- Charlotte Armstrong