The Quality Assurance Office was created in 2011 to work with academic units in the development of new programs or modification of existing programs, as well as to provide a centralized point of contact and support for the cyclical review process. Since its mandate is to provide both pedagogical and administrative support, the office is housed within the Centre for Teaching Innovation and Excellence and is located on the 2nd floor of 202 Regina St.
The Quality Assurance Office facilitates an outcomes-based program development and review process by providing curriculum development and administrative support to academic units with the goal of enhancing and improving the quality of the teaching and learning experience at Laurier.
This mandate is translated into practice by:
- Promoting the benefits of an outcomes-based approach to program development and review
- Developing an efficient and systematic approach for these processes
- Offering customized consultations and workshops
- Supporting academic units throughout the program development and review process
- Identifying and implementing best practices
- Working collaboratively with other institutional units to promote efficiency
The Quality Assurance Office offers the following services in support of academic units engaging in program development, curriculum modification, or cyclical review:
- Individual and group consultations
- Faculty retreat facilitation
- Templates, support materials and resources
- Customized workshops on learning outcomes, curriculum mapping, and assessment plans
- Focus group facilitation and survey administration
- Assistance and feedback on required templates
- Coordination of external reviewer's site visits
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or for more information on any of the above services.