WLU Accommodation Policies and Student Support Resources
The following are Laurier's accommodation policies as well as resources for supporting students with disabilities on campus.
- Employment Accommodation Policy and Procedure (WLU)
The need for an employment accommodation policy has been recognized as essential from a human resources, human rights and employment equity perspective.
- Accommodation Policy for Graduate Students with Disabilities
- Accommodation Policy for Undergraduate Students with Disabilities
- Counselling Services Resources for Faculty and Staff (WLU)
Includes resources for Faculty and Staff who may deal with students in crisis.
- Faculty Guide to the Accessible Learning Centre
Web: Faculty Guide Brochure
- Accessible Learning Centre (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Phone: (519) 884-0710 ext. 3086
The Accessible Learning Centre assists students with disabilities in reaching their full academic potential by providing academic accommodations that maintain academic integrity and level the playing field. Services offered include the provision of alternative formats, exam accomodations, learning strategies, note-taking, student support and tutoring.
- Library Accessible Services (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Phone: (519) 884-0710 ext. 3477
The Laurier Library provides research assistance, video tutorials, and accessible workstations. Adaptative Technologies at the library include large screen monitors, Optelec Reader, a high speed scanner, a self-serve scanner, Kurzweil and Zoom Text, Jaws, and height-adjustable work stations.