International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education
Students, faculty and staff are invited to review the contents of the International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, which is accessible online from the Trellis library catalogue.
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) is a membership association of colleges and universities across North America working together to create a sustainable future. Laurier is a member of AASHE, providing a number of resources including the following:
- Student sustainability educators program
- Dorm sustainability competitions
- Alumni sustainability networks
- Papers and presentations on co-curricular sustainability education
- Outreach materials such as posters, flyers etc.
- Academic programs related to sustainability
- Inventory of sustainability courses and their syllabi
- Papers and presentations on sustainability in curriculum
- Curriculum integration workshops
- Directory of academic centers on sustainability
- Inventory on student and faculty sustainability research
- Papers and presentations on sustainability research
Everyone within the Laurier community can sign up for a free AASHE account. To create your account, go to their website and click on “create new account”; use your full Laurier email address as your user name. You will receive an email from AASHE with a password. Login in to AASHE and change your password.
Resources for Rethinking
Resources for Rethinking (R4R) is an online database of teaching resources on issues related to the development of an environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable society. R4R is an initiative that was developed by Learning for a Sustainable Future (LSF), a Canadian non-profit whose mission is to promote, through education, the knowledge, skills, perspectives, and practices essential to a sustainable future. For information, visit their website.
Canadian Alliance of College and University Sustainability Professionals
The Canadian Alliance of College and University Sustainability Professionals (CUSP) is an online social network connecting sustainability professionals from universities and colleges across North America. Laurier became a member of CUSP in early 2010 when Laurier hired its first Sustainability Coordinator.