Information and Communication Technologies
New Anti-Spam Software
To improve and enhance the email system and decrease the amount of spam delivered to your inbox, ITS is pleased to announce the installation of anti-spam software that scans all incoming email for both spam and viruses.
This software will not be disruptive, nor does it require any changes to the email client. At the bottom of each message, you'll see: --- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall --- .
How it Works
- Any possible spam and suspicious messages are moved to a "quarantine" server.
- You will receive a daily email from Mplus@wlu.ca, reminding you of the "quarantine" server. Please note, we plan to eventually reduce the frequency of this daily reminder to weekly, after allowing for a period of adjustment.
You can safely check the contents of your personal quarantine area by clicking the email link or by using a web browser and going to http://mplus.wlu.ca
- Login with your Novell login username and password.
- Click on the Spam tab to view all spam messages.
- If you identify a legitimate email that was falsely identified as spam, you have several choices as outlined in the M+ Guardian documentation located here.
Please be aware that initially, there is a possibility that legitimate emails will falsely be identified as spam. Therefore, it is important that you check the quarantine area on a regular basis. Also, in some rare cases, viewing certain spam emails in the quarantine area may not work as intended. ITS has informed the vendor of this and they are working at resolving the issue. If you come across this type of issue, or have technical difficulty accessing the quarantine area, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions on how to use the application, or have forgotten your Novell password, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or x4357.