Headlines (News Releases)
Faculty of Music
Laurier’s faculty of music will mark 30 years with several events
Concerts and other events will showcase quality of students and new develop.m.ents
Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing
Nov 9/05| For Immediate Release
Dr. Gordon Greene
WATERLOO – The faculty of music at Wilfrid Laurier University will celebrate its 30th anniversary with a series of concerts and other events on December 3 and 4.
The faculty is planning two full days that will include three concerts, two social events, an advent carol service and a panel discussion on careers involving notable graduates. The anniversary event allows alumni and friends of the faculty to reconnect.
“We are pleased that our alumni and friends will help us celebrate this important milestone,” said Gordon Greene, acting dean of the faculty of music. “This is an opportunity for people to see how we continue to evolve – from the launch of Canada’s first master’s program in music therapy to an upcoming expansion in the John Aird Building – and to hear the quality of our students as they perform in the end-of-term concerts.”
The program for the anniversary event includes:
Saturday, December 3
• 1 to 2:30 p.m.: Where Are They Now? A panel of music grads discuss how their careers have taken shape
• 3 p.m.: WLU Wind Ensemble concert – Michael Purves-Smith, director
• 5 p.m.: Social gathering at Wilf’s
• 8 p.m.: Chamber music recital – Simon Fryer, director
Sunday, December 4
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Reunion luncheon
• 3 p.m.: WLU Choir & Orchestra concert – Lee Willingham, director, with alumnus Daniel Cabena, countertenor
• 7:30 p.m.: Advent carol service, Chapel Choir, Elvera Froese, director
Members of the public seeking more information can contact Nancy Peltier at (519) 884-0710 ext. 2631 or email@example.com. Concert tickets are available from Sylvie Bonin-Ducharme at (519) 884-0710 ext. 2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.