The 2013/14 OSAP and Ontario Tuition Grant applications are now available on line with the Ministry of Training for Colleges and Universities. Students are able to access the online application via Ministry of Training: Colleges and Universities portal (https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal).
First time applicants – note that you will be required to complete and submit a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) to your closest post office in order to have your funding electronically transferred to your account. Visit the Student Awards web site for information on participating postal outlets.
Steps you need to take if you plan to apply for OSAP/OTG:
1. Apply now! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that are processed by the Student Awards Office, we can not guarantee that funding will be available to students in September if you apply after July 20th, 2013. The OSAP web site is located at: https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal
2. If you are using OSAP to fund the majority of your university studies, it is in your best interest to allow the Student Awards Office to deduct your fees from your OSAP loans thereby avoiding interest and/or late charges. Therefore, on your OSAP application, do not opt out of the question that will have your fees automatically sent to Laurier. If you choose not to have your fees automatically sent to Laurier, you will be required to pay any outstanding fall and winter semester fees by the due date specified by the Business Office on your invoices.
3. For students how have already submitted their OSAP application and who did opt out of the automatic transfer of funds, email the Student Awards Office at firstname.lastname@example.org from your “mylaurier” email account and we will reinstate the automatic transfer function. Your email must arrive in the Student Awards Office by August 1st, 2013 in order for our office to make this change on your behalf.
4. Mail your signature pages and other supporting documentation (if required) to the Student Awards Office (address listed on the signature pages). We can not process your OSAP/OTG request until we have received all of the required documentation for your application. Late fees charged by the Business Office will only be reversed for students who have completed the following steps:
• Supplied all of their documentation to the Student Awards Office by August 1st
• Have indicated an automatic redirect of fees from their OSAP application to the school
• Have sufficient OSAP funding to cover all of the outstanding fees for the fall semester.
5. Take your MSFAA (Master Student Financial Aid Agreement) to a designated postal outlet (a list of participating Canada Post Outlets can be found at: http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/onlinetools/canadapost/postal_outlet.shtml). You will be required to confirm you identity with the representative from Canada Post. Bring your Social Insurance Card (Canada Post will not accept verbal confirmation of your Social Insurance Number) and valid government issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, photo health card or Canadian passport) with you when you bring in your MSFAA.
Scholarships and Bursaries:
Laurier offers numerous scholarship and bursary opportunities specific to first year students. These opportunities, which vary in value, are available through the generous support of Donors and Laurier Alumni who recognize the financial burden placed on students who are pursuing a post secondary education.
Information about all of the opportunities available to students may be accessed through the Student Awards web site located at: www.wlu.ca/studentawards; utilizing the database search engine to identify all opportunities that pertain to your area of study.
To apply for all scholarship and donor bursary opportunities, students must complete and submit a Student and Faculty Profile. These profiles will be available through LORIS by accessing the “Apply for Student Funding” link under the “Student Awards and Financial Aid” tab. Applications will be available in early September and will close on October 16th, 2013 at 11:59pm.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus in September,
The Student Awards Office Team