Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Business Office
December 10, 2016
Canadian Excellence

Headlines (Notices)

Business Office

Paying your fees through a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)

Proof of Enrolment Information

Nov 19/09

In order to obtain funds from your RESP, you must be enrolled full-time in a qualifying post-secondary program.  Your financial institution may require proof of your enrolment at Laurier before they will release your funds.

Information which may be required by your financial institution includes:

  • Academic Institution Name
  • Academic Program
  • Number of Years of Academic Program
  • Year of Current Study (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
  • Academic Year Length (number of weeks of study in current academic year)
  • Academic Year Start Date
  • Other information as required by your financial institution.

Some financial institutions will require a copy of your invoice, or a Proof of Enrolment form from the Office of the Registrar.  Each financial institution sets their own policies regarding information required to withdraw money from a RESP fund.   Withdrawals from a RESP often require advance notice at the financial institution to ensure the funds are available before the term due date.  We recommend that all students should contact their financial institution in advance of the fee due dates each term to confirm what information and documentation will be required to process their withdrawal.  Due dates each term cannot be extended to accommodate delays in the processing of a RESP withdrawal.

View all Business Office news
View all Laurier news