Mr. Rick Henderson
Lab Coordinator: Computer Literacy, Physics & Computer Science
CAS Instructor, Physics & Computer Science
Contact InformationEmail: rhenderson AT wlu DOT ca
Phone: (519) 884-0710 ext.2799
Office Location: Science Building, N2091
Office Hours: Generally Monday - Friday 2:30 - 4:30
BSc. Computing (Wilfrid Laurier University)
I first came to Laurier in August 1993 to begin my undergraduate degree in Computing and Computer Electronics. I graduated in 1998 then worked in Burlington and Missisisauga, until finally moving back to Waterloo to begin work in September 2000 as a Part-Time Faculty member teaching in Physics and Computer Science. In November 2000 I was hired full-time as a Lab Instructor and continued teaching part-time until January 2001.
In Fall 2004, I took over the position of Training and Education Coordinator for ITS while Melanie More-Duckworth was on maternity leave. The position was from August 2004 - April 2005.
As a student in my undergrad years, I have worked for the following departments:
- CCS (now called Information Technology Services)
- Alumni Affairs/Development
As well, I also did volunteer work for various areas in the WLU Students' Union:
- WLUSU Marketing as a Graphic Designer, then Web Site Coordinator
- Foot Patrol
- Ice Breaker
I am currently a volunteer coach with Waterloo Minor Soccer U4-U5 age group (ending February 2016).
Formerly I have been:
- Coach for Waterloo Minor Soccer U4-U5 - outdoor (Summer 2015)
- Assistant Coach for Waterloo Minor Soccer U4-U5 age group - Indoor (Fall 2014)
- A Running Instructor at The RunningRoom in Waterloo teaching a 10K Running Clinic
- A relaxation volunteer at HopeSprings Cancer Support Centre
Rick Henderson BSc