Safety, Health, Environment & Risk Management
Workplace Violence & Harassment Prevention Training Registration
The legislative requirements for violence and harassment in the workplace establish standards and set out the rights and duties of all those who have a role in dealing with workplace violence and workplace harassment. This one and half hour session will address key issues relating to workplace violence and harassment legislation, reporting and resolution initiatives, identification of suspicious behaviours and will provide an understanding of legislative responsibilities.
- Understand the OHSA definitions of workplace violence and workplace harassment
- Review Laurier’s policy and program
- Understand the employer’s obligation for addressing domestic violence
- Learn when disclosing information regarding a person with a history of violence is required
- Know about the right to refuse unsafe work based on workplace violence
Cancellation Policy: Course cancellations must be made via email to email@example.com. TWO WORKING DAYS prior to the course date. Departments will be invoiced the course cost of $50 per registrant who fails to attend without adequate notice. For courses canceled at the discretion of SHERM, a two working day notice will be provided to participants, with the exception of situations involving circumstances beyond SHERM's control.
Please complete all fields in the following form in order to register. If you have any questions, please email Christine Haywood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please select the training date from the drop down menu below:
updated February 16/17