Wilfrid Laurier University Graduate Calendar - 2006/2007
Canadian Excellence

Withdrawal from the University

A student who wishes to withdraw from the university must report to the dean or director of the program in which the student is enrolled in order to complete the Graduate Student Withdrawal Form. The Student Identification Card must be handed in at the time of withdrawal.

A student who withdraws without submitting the completed Graduate Student Withdrawal Form will not be eligible for any refund of fees, nor exemption from fees in the event that fees have not been paid at the time of withdrawal.

Students who have withdrawn in good standing may request readmission within one year of withdrawal without completing the required application forms or paying any required application fee. If more than one year has elapsed since the withdrawal date, a new application for admission is required. Students who, by failing to register or be granted an approved leave, shall be deemed to have terminated their candidacy in the program and will be required to re-apply.

Each applicant for readmission must pay any applicable application fee, must include a letter indicating a proposed schedule for the completion of all degree requirements, and must agree to be interviewed by representatives of the graduate program.

Students who have been readmitted may be required to complete additional course work.

Students who withdraw from the university at any time retain the final grades in courses completed prior to the date of their withdrawal.

Students who withdraw after the deadline for dropping courses will have those courses in their program recorded as a failure and these will be included in the cumulative grade point average (GPA).

The refund policy is outlined in detail in the fees section of this calendar.

Students who withdraw or change their status to part-time before the end of term will be required to repay, on a weekly prorated basis, any scholarship funds previously paid to the student.