Wilfrid Laurier University Undergraduate Academic Calendar - 2009/2010
Canadian Excellence

International Student Fees

Actual fee structure for international students is outlined in the appropriate section of the calendar. International fees will apply to students who do not fall into one of the following categories:

  1. A citizen of Canada within the meaning of the Citizenship Act or a person registered as an Indian within the meaning of the Indian Act.
  2. A permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act, 1976: a person who has been granted permanent resident status; or a person who has met "all the preliminary requirements" for permanent residency status, and presents a letter from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming this.
  3. A person who is the dependent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
  4. A person who has been admitted to, and remains in, Canada as an officially recognized Convention refugee within the meaning of the Immigration Act, 1976; or, is a refugee claimant who applied to the federal government for Convention refugee status prior to January 1, 1989, and can provide documentation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to that effect.
  5. A visitor who is admitted to and remaining in Canada under clause 19(c) of the Immigration Act, 1976, for the purpose of employment (a visitor who is a graduate teaching or research assistant is excluded from this category).
  6. A visitor who is admitted to and remaining in Canada under clause 10(c) of the Immigration Act, 1976, with official accreditation from the Canadian government, who has entered Canada, or is in Canada, to carry out official duties as a diplomatic or consular officer; or as a Canadian government-accredited representative or official of a country other than Canada, of the United Nations or any of its agencies, of any intergovernmental organizations of which Canada is a member; or as a dependent or a member of the staff of any such diplomat, consular officer, representative or official accredited to Canada by the Canadian government; or a member of a foreign military force or of a civilian component thereof admitted to Canada under the Visiting Forces Act or any dependents of such personnel.
  7. A person who is a participant in the Ontario-Jiangsu Academic Exchange Agreement between the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and the Higher Education Bureau of Jiangsu Province, China.