Wilfrid Laurier University Undergraduate Academic Calendar - 2008/2009
Canadian Excellence

Undergraduate Academic Calendar 2008/2009

Contact Us:

J Bell
email: jbell@wlu.ca
phone: 6350


Readmission of Students Required to Withdraw

If you were required to withdraw from any post-secondary institution, including Wilfrid Laurier University, you may apply for readmission to begin studies not earlier than 12 months from the date of required withdrawal. Previous Laurier students must re-apply by completing either a:

Request for Re-admission - Faculty of Arts, Laurier Brantford, or Faculty of Science, OR
Request for Re-admission - School of Business & Economics

Applicants who have been required to withdraw from any other post-secondary institution must complete an Application for Admission (Part-time studies available only).

Your request will be reviewed by the appropriate admissions committee. The admissions committee requires that you supply to the Admissions Office, along with appropriate academic documents, a letter written by you, which outlines the following:

  1. the program you wish to enter (or re-enter);
  2. the reasons for your previous academic performance;
  3. why you wish to attend Wilfrid Laurier University and why you think you will be more successful academically at this time;
  4. details concerning your activities or work experience since your last attendance at school.

Re-admission will be at the discretion of the admissions committee. Normally academic upgrading is required (i.e., two academic college credits at a minimum of A- or better, in each course). Courses taken for upgrading purposes must be pre-approved. Contact the Admissions Officer for the Faculty you will be re-applying to for further information.

Once re-admitted, candidates must successfully complete 2.0 credits (or equivalent) by part-time study with a GPA of 5.00 (C) within two years, but are limited to taking 2.0 credits (or equivalent) until academic probation is cleared. Upon clearing probation they may then proceed into full-time or part-time studies in accordance with academic regulations.