Laurier Visioning Statements
Wilfrid Laurier University recognizes that intellectual inquiry, critical reflection and scholarly integrity are the cornerstones of all universities including our exceptional institution. Our unique values are drawn from the key elements on which Laurier was founded and which will continue to nurture and shape what we become.
Our vision provides a lens that we use to look at the world to understand what we do and what we aspire to be.
The mission describes our core purpose and commitment to stakeholders.
The Guiding Principles are consistent with our vision and mission and will inform decision making as we embrace our future.GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
• Responsible Governance
• Community citizenship
• Realizing an appropriate balance among Research, Teaching and Service
• Recognizing the linkage between Research and Teaching
• Integrity and Strong Leadership
• Making strategic choices for the long‐term health of the institution
• Learning and advancing knowledge across boundaries
• Collaboration and Collegiality
• Respectful Relationships
• Openness to change
• Sustainability and Environmental Responsibility
Approved by the Board of Governors November 20, 2008.