Laurier's Headstart Transition Program
Headstart is a program designed to make the academic transition to university life easier for Laurier's incoming students and their parents or guardians. It's an introduction to life and learning at Laurier. Recognizing that each student has unique interests and needs, we cap each session at a maximum of 10 students, ensuring that each student is provided with personalized support. Our goal is that each student will be correctly and fully registered in both the Fall and Winter terms after completing Headstart. Additionally, it's an opportunity for students to:
- learn about their program and the courses they should take
- learn about academic expectations and the differences between high school and university
- become aware of campus services and resources that can help them succeed at Laurier
- have their OneCard photo taken- no long line up's in September by having this done at Headstart!
- participate in a campus and residence tour
Headstart runs almost daily during the months of June, July and August.
Stay tuned for registration and program information.